Monday, September 8, 2014

The Great Outdoors

Saturday, September 6 2014
Big news for this weekend was that I got to go outside!!!! The PA told me Saturday morning that I could go outside and see our dog.  I immediately began to cry. It was an unexpected blessing.  Normally we (AML) patients can't go outside without neutrophils being high. Mine weren't but my doctor understood that I needed a diversion from the routine. It was 4 weeks to the day that I was admitted to the hospital that I was able to walk outside.  As I went to leave the 8th floor, I thought,  "I'm not  even sure how to get out of the hospital. I have only come in, I haven't ever left!" I somehow found my way to the main door...  Stepping outside into the fresh air,  the sunshine,  the fresh smells was exhilarating!  Being able to be outside is a blessing!  We were able to sit in the shade together and even play with our dog.  I realized how the little things are such a blessing. An even greater blessing was being able to spend time with my family someplace other than the inside of a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment