Monday, August 25, 2014

Chemo begins

On Monday, August 11, 2014 my chemo began.  I had been asking all day long when we were going to start but the paper work from another lab had been delayed.  The doctors kept telling us that the paper work would be here no later than end of business so we just kept waiting.  About 5:30pm Dr. Motyckova came in and told us that the paper was here and we would be starting chemo just as soon as the chemicals were mixed by the pharmacist.  I thought I was ready but all of a sudden I wasn't.   A fear of the unknown took a hold of me.  

A few minutes before that a couple who had been assigned to be missionaries in the branch (congregation) that is the hospital had stopped by to visit.  As they were getting ready to go I asked if he would assist Loren in giving me another priesthood blessing. As Loren pronounced that blessing a feeling of comfort and peace came from God.  I was now ready for whatever chemo would bring.  

I am grateful that I know God lives and is aware of us.  Part of His plan for us is to let mortality and all of its ups and downs happen to us.  Another part of His plan is to give us the love and support we need when those down times happen.  He will not take away my cancer nor the experiences that come with it but He will give me strength, courage, optimism and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment