Tuesday, August 26, 2014

And now we wait....

Chemo therapy began on Monday, August 11 and finished on Monday, August 18.  I knew that the chances were high that I would eventually lose my hair and look like my dad :)   So I decided to minimize the shock and get my hair cut.  Luckily I have a wonderful stylist, Weston Hardy, who made the trip down with his wife to cut my hair in my room.  I loved the cut and had a lot of compliments on it.  Unfortunately it will probably be short lived since my hair has started to fall out and will probably be shaved soon.  I have often said that I wished I could have a haircut like a guy and not spend so much time doing my hair in the morning.  Now that my wish is about to come true I am not so sure about it!  

Once chemotherapy finished the waiting game began.  My chemo continues to work in my body for about another week after it is done being administered.  At this point another bone marrow biopsy is done and the goal is to have empty bone marrow meaning that no blood is being produced by my body...remember those transfusions...they come in handy here.  After the biopsy then we have a meeting with the doctors and they let us know what path of treatment we will be following.  Our two choices are basically, more chemo or bone marrow transplant.  Right now we are praying for more chemo (there's a sentence I thought I would never say).  

No comments:

Post a Comment