Friday, December 19, 2014

The battle with GVH continues

My battle with graph vs host disease (GVH) continues.  I feel mostly okay except for my gut which is where the GVH is hanging out.  We've been treating it for over a week with steriods with some effect but not the complete effect we need.  My colon and large bowel need to start working again and they are being very slow coming online.  AAARRGGHHH!!!!  This means I am limited to a diet of ice chips and occasional sips of water.  Don't feel bad....food doesn't sound that good right now.  I wish that it did.  Because of the GVH I won't be going home any time soon (at least within the week) so this year Christmas willl be spent at LDS hospital....still working out the details. But our familly will be together which is the most important part.
I am learning a lot about patience and faith and the strength that comes through friends and family.  There is power there to pull me out of dark places and to keep me out.  I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful network of people who are uplifting and loving.  Thank you for being my friends.

#WendiWillWin

3 comments:

  1. Dear, Dear Wendy: I'll try again (I've tried to comment, and I think my comments get shot into space ... or somewhere). I've been following your blog, and Bear has kept me up-to-date. I once wrote some things about nausea, feeling it is something cooked up by WHNF (what's-his-no-face... the one without a body). It is definitely something on the dark side. I pray you will have more miracles -- I know you've had some already. I know you are learning important things -- probably in part as you look back -- and I hope you will some day have a chance to share what you've learned with others. I pray for you every day. I put your name in the Temple. And I wish you a sweet, unforgettable Christmas. With so much love, Melon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh... I have a niece named Wendy and my fingers just went to Y instead of I . . .
    Sorry about that, WENDI!! More love, MEE

    ReplyDelete