Friday, December 26, 2014

Looking Good

Our early Christmas miracle continues...

On Monday I was given clearance after a clean scope and no active GVH found to start drinking water again!  Water never tasted so good!  It took me about 5 hours to drink about a cup of water but I think my stomach had probably shrunk to the size of a lima bean.  Thankfully my gut has agreed with the food and each day I have been able to advance my diet to new foods.  Tonight I get chicken noodle soup!  Yesterday I had mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner and was thrilled.  As long as things keep progressing as they currently are I will hopefully be home soon.

Today marks 30 days since transplant and what a ride it has been.  I was talking with my friend Natalie today and we were talking about how this feels like somebody else's life, that somehow I will wake up from this dream.  I know that this is my life for now but it sometimes still feels surreal.  I never thought that cancer would be part of my life or sidetrack my life like it has.  I feel like it will take a good while to process all that has happened, everything I have felt and everything we have received from all of you.  

Hopefully 2015 will be a year of healing.  Love to you all!

#WendiWillWin

No comments:

Post a Comment