Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Another Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving

In the transplant world, the day of your transplant is your second birthday.  So from now on, my second birthday is 2 days after Callie's birthday, on my neice Hillary's birthday and could occasionally be on Thanksgiving.  Happy Birthday everyone!

Today went well just as expected.  After a few pre-medications Scott's stem cells were hung on my IV pole about 1 pm. By about 1:30 we were done except for some regular monitoring.  Scott is my hero and gave me about 9 million(!) new stem cells. Almost a record for one day of collection!  

It has been wonderful to emotionally turn the corner from beating back cancer to healing from cancer.  Time will tell how much of a rollercoaster we are on but like my doctor reminded my today....I will take what each day gives my and remember that the next day can be completely different.

I am grateful this Thanksgiving for modern medicine and those who know how to use it to benefit me and my family.  I am grateful for all of you and your prayers and words of support.  They lift me more than you know.  I am grateful for a family that truly are friends.  I am especially grateful for my brother, Scott for Emily, Callie and Elizabeth and mostly for my rock, Loren.  I am grateful for a Savior who knows each of us and what we are feeling and for a Father in Heaven who loves me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment