Thursday, August 6, 2015

Join us in celebration!

This Saturday (the one year anniversary of my diagnosis), we as a family and a few friends will be participating in a 5K in South Weber.  I would like to invite you and your families to do something active and fun this weekend (we would suggest a 5K).  Enjoy the ability to do the activities you love.

I used to take it for granted that I could walk 3.1 miles with no problem.  I never have nor will I ever claim to be a runner but I could walk.  This week I walked 3 miles in preparation for our 5K and finished in tears because my body was finally able to do it.  I have been working up to 3 miles for several months and some days walking in and of itself is still difficult but I am grateful for the strength my body continues to gain.   

So, I will probably be the last one to finish the South Weber Country Fair Days 5K but I will finish.  Do something great this weekend and be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration, and thank you for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete