Tuesday, February 24, 2015

An Update

Everything has been going along swimmingly for us.  I go in once a week to the clinic at LDS hospital, which entails blood work (still taken from a central line so no poking involved), a visit with a PA with a quick check up, a visit with a doctor with another quick check up followed up with a chest x-ray since I am still on steroids.  At the end of the visit, the doctor usually just says, "Everthing looks good, see you next week."  Really the best words I can hear!

We have just been moving along with soccer practices, indoor games, planning an 80th birthday party for my in-laws (I am just helping - my fabulous brothers and sisters-in law are the driving force), etc.  I am absolutely enjoying being home.  Oh, I also got some eyelash extensions!  Never thought it would something I would do - had some great lashes before - but lost them along with the hair.  The lashes are actually attached to the lashes I had so they are still sparse and light (don't show up in a pic) but I love them!

Had a good time greeting my kids with my new wig last week as well.

Gotta love the dress up box!


The next big milestone for us will be the 100 day checkup.  I will go in on the 2nd to have a bunch of tests done including a bone marrow biopsy.  We will get the results on March 9th.  This will give a good indication about the leukemia and if it really is all gone and where we go from here.  This is one more time when I would appreciate any extra prayers you can say for me.  I know miracles have happened along the way because of your prayers.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment